Breast / Gynaecology / Infectious disease / Cross Sectional
I qualified at St Thomas Hospital Medical School and did general medical training in the Leicester teaching hospitals, Royal Free Hospital, Royal Marsden Hospital, St Thomas’s Hospital.
I trained in Radiology at the Westminster Hospital, and Guys and St Thomas’s Hospital, London
Area of work:
Cross Sectional imaging including CT, MRI, Ultrasound and Breast Imaging
Gynae Oncology imaging, Breast imaging, Infectious Diseases Imaging
MRI Quantification of Obesity; Imaging in Infectious Disease Including HIV and History of Radiology.
I am the author/co-author of 6 books, 2 book chapters, over 50 papers and over 80 abstracts. Have given numerous invited lectures nationally and internationally.
Local, Regional or National Roles:
- Served as Radiology Tutor BHH from 1997 – 2001
- Member Library committee BIR 1993 –
- Member Council Radiology Section, Royal Society of Medicine, London (President Radiology Section 2005 – 2007)
- Founder member and Council Member British Society of the History of Radiology
- Editorial Board Journal Royal Society of Medicine 2006 –
- Past Deputy Editor Clinical MRI 1997 – 2004
- Radiology adviser- Dr Foster Good Hosp Guide 2005 – 2007
- Member ESR History Working Gp Co author History Of Europ Ass Rad 2007
Awarded Fellowship of British Institute of Radiology FBIR – 2009
Banerjee, A. K.
Radiology of AIDS (pages 150)
Clinical Film Viewing Series
Clinical Press Limited, Bristol 1993 ISBN 1 85457025 0
Banerjee, A. K.
Radiology Made Easy (pages 170)
Greenwich Medical Media, London 1999 ISBN 1841100145
2nd edition 2006 Cambridge University Press 2006 ISBN 9780521676359
Gupta, K., Parnell, A., Park, C., Banerjee, A. K.
Clinical Radiology for Accident and Emergency
University of Birmingham, Birmingham 2000 ISBN 0704421771
Thomas, A. M. K., Banerjee, A. K., Busch, U.
Classic Papers in Modern Diagnostic Radiology (640 pages)
Springer Verlag, Berlin, N.Y. 2005 ISBN 3540219277
Thomas, A. M. K., Banerjee, A. K., Busch, U., Buzzi, A., Livadas, G.
The European Association of Radiology - A Vision Realised (71 pages)
Out of work interest:
Reading, cinema, theatre, travel
0121 424 3280
Links to Organisations:
Member Library Committee of British Institute of Radiology
Council Radiology Section, Royal Society of Medicine
Member Europ Soc Radiology ESR
Council Brit Soc Hist Rad and Brit Soc Hist Med